Monday, January 2, 2012

Its not just me saying it!!! Read the reviews!!

When I was given the chance to read The Pitchfork Diaries for a review I was beyond excited. Not only did I have something new to read, but it was something new that was horror related. I read this all in one sit down, and have read it twice since then. TPD are a collection of shorts by J. Bannerman.

I personally have a soft spot for short stories, I love seeing how much someone can put down in such little time, and Bannerman exceeds in this category with flying colors. Very strong sexual tones, religious tones, and plenty of horror for any reader. The stories are worded well enough to tell you what’s going on and enough to let you mind wander and ask yourself “what if?”.

These stories have very good plots, and even better twists. Just when you think you’ve cracked into Bannerman’s mind and try to figure out how a story is going to end he hits you on your blind side and leaves you stunned for a minute. Quite a few of the stories started with me saying to myself “Nice, I like where this is going…” to me reading the last line and saying “Oh shit…”. For a short story to have that kind of a twist and just drop a bomb in the end like that, well, that’s just good stuff.

These stories are not just a collection of scary stories, these are not stories that will just give you goosebumps. These are stories that will soak in, crawl under your skin, and take you on a ride into something darker.

Note to those veteran horror writers, there’s a new guy in town… and his pitchfork is aimed at all of your necks. Do yourself a favor, read The Pitchfork Diaries, now. Before it becomes the next big thing and you miss the train to something bigger.

Needless to say, I can’t wait for Volume 2. Keep them coming Mr. Bannerman

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHATEVER YOU SAY WILL STAY GOOD OR BAD OPINIONS NEEDED!